I have undertaken a variety of advisory engagements with C-level executives in private and public companies where my experience and counsel provides assistance to internal teams. This often means working with the executive team on strategic decision processes ranging from business development and execution, to tactical strategy, and technology acquisition. As a trusted counsel, I have often provided special advisory services to CEOs of companies on growth and expansion, new board member acquisition, board governance, and settling disputes among management.
- Business development planning, strategy and execution
- Market strategy and branding
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public and private equity transactions
- Board advisory, corporate governance, and recruiting Board members
- Sales and divestitures of companies
- Public and government affairs
Representative Engagements and Transactions
- Retained by a Fortune 1000 credit processing company CEO to work with its business development team on synergistic technology strategy and acquisitions. Represented the company in multiple investments in synergistic technology companies.
- Retained by a Fortune 1000 cable network CEO to work with him and his business development team on synergistic technology acquisition strategy. Represented the company in investments in technology companies.
- Outside counsel to a public conferencing and communications company to develop growth strategy.
- Managed several acquisitions and helped establish a venture capital division. Represented the group in making several investments in technology companies.
- Outside counsel in the formation and development of an international chemical industry internet business exchange financed by six international chemical companies.
- Organized an intellectual asset management system with Boston Consulting Group to advise companies with IP portfolios on cost reduction and focus on pro-active IP protection 3-5 years in advance.
- Outside counsel for a minority investor CEO in the purchase of 100% of a private company that designs, builds and maintains retail structures, as well as the subsequent purchase of a competitor of equal size.